At Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen we’ve been serving meals for more than 30 years, but the problem with hunger in New York City is it isn’t going away. In fact, it’s getting worse.
Planned Giving is a way to leave a legacy of love to your fellow New Yorkers. By planning ahead and leaving a gift to Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen, you are not only making a lasting impact on the lives of our guests today, but guests who will need us tomorrow as well.
We invite you to invest in our work with a planned gift and help us ensure that we can continue our mission and reach our ultimate goal of someday having no more need for the soup kitchen line. Planned giving also has benefits to you, the donor, in tax savings, current cash payments, supplemental support for family and friends depending on your circumstances and objectives. One of the most popular types of planned gift is a bequest, which can be included in your will or trust.
Bequests – Wills or Revocable Living Trusts
A bequest is a loving way to provide for Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen’s future and to provide for the future generations of homeless and hungry New Yorkers by making a gift in your will. In addition to allowing you to leave a lasting legacy to an important cause, bequests offer tax advantages.
Consult your attorney or financial planner to learn how to set up a bequest. You will need our name, address and Tax ID number as listed here:
Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen
296 Ninth Avenue
New York, NY 10001
Tax ID #: 13-2892297
Here are some options to consider:
- Cash bequest: Designate a specific dollar amount or percentage of assets for Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen in your will.
- Property bequest: Donate the proceeds of sold property, including securities or real estate, to Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen.
- Estate bequest: Direct whatever is remaining from your estate to Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen once all else has been paid off and satisfied.
- Retirement bequest: List Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen as the beneficiary of your retirement plan, including IRAs, tax-sheltered annuities, qualified pension, or profit-sharing plan.
- Insurance policies: List Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Contingent bequest: List Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen as the beneficiary only in the event of the death of all other beneficiaries.
To make a charitable bequest to Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen in your will, use the above information provided and the suggested following language for a bequest:
“I hereby give and bequeath the sum of $___________ (or ____% of my estate) to Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen, located at 296 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001, to be used in support of its general charitable purposes.”
If you have questions simply email Jane Van Ingen at email@example.com or call us at 212.924.0167. Once you have completed arrangements with your lawyer or financial planner, please send us a copy of the relevant section of your will or trust document that details your charitable plans.
Thank you for your generosity.